University Assistants without doctorate
(20 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3; position to be filled as of now )
• Collaborating in the team of Univ.-Prof. Dr.iur. Matthias Klatt
• Participating in national and international research projects
• Own research (with opportunity to take the PhD)
• Teaching (in the 2nd and 3rd year of employment, 2 hrs per wk in term)
• Administrative Support
• Studies of law completed above-averagely (Diplom or Master or equivalent foreign exam)
• Focus of interest in one of the following areas: 1. analytical legal theory (eg concept and validity of law; theory of legal argumentation; theory of legal science) 2. substantial legal philosophy (eg theory and application of justice; problem of culturally hetergenous societies) 3. international constitutional law (eg problems of globalization; pluralization and transnationalization of public law; comparative constitutional law; fundamental rights)
• Good foreign language competence (desirable)
• Social competence and very good communication skills
• Self initiative and commitment
• Academic curiosity
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1365.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: March 22nd 2017
Reference Number: MB/54/99 ex 2016/17
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
bewerbung [__at__] uni-graz [dot] at
Questions can be addressed to Univ.-Prof. Dr. iur. Matthias Klatt, matthias [dot] klatt [__at__] uni-graz [dot] at or via phone: 43 (0) 316 / 380 - 3390